Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eggs and a Side of Encouragement!

For breakfast this morning, I had eggs, bacon, oatmeal, and a little surprise of encouragement! Our hospital (Hendrick) places a Daily Bible Verse card on each person's morning tray. I have been wanting to have a verse for Emma, and I think the verse I received today is a perfect match!

Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged,
For the Lord your God will be with you
wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

How appropriate that a little girl whose name means "God with us" has a verse reminding us that God will be with us wherever we go.

The wherever was the challenging part for me yesterday. Emma had a stressful last few minutes of delivery. The cord was around her neck, her heart rate dropped, and she took a lot of fluid into her lungs - so instead of bonding with us in the quiet peace of our room, she spent the first hours of life hooked to monitors and oxygen tubes.

I know God is with us, but my heart began to wonder if He is with us when I am in one place and my new baby being cared for in another? I knew there would come a day when God would ask me to let go of this little one and trust Him, I just didn't know it would occur in the first hours of her life!

But God was faithful - He provided Emma strength for her lungs to heal, and us courage while she was apart from us. God truly is with us, no matter how little we are, and no matter where we go.
(Big sisters Kaiden and Jordan meet Emma for the first time. She was still in the Intermediate Care Nursery hooked to monitors and an oxygen tube)

4 comments:

  1. She looks as big as Jordan! I'll bet they are proud big sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have verses for each of our children as well! I love how the Lord gives us these verses. His faithfulness and love are constant sources of hope.


    PS - I had no idea you were a blogger too! You can check my blog at www.annejones.blogspot.com

    They are sometimes deep thoughts, and sometimes questions I am pondering and waiting for the Lord to answer, and sometimes just updates on my kiddos for family to feel connected! I am so glad you sent me this link. I have already read through some of your older posts...wonderful words. I originally titled my blog Hope Through Trials, but have changed it in the last year to Everything Under the Son, because I realize more and more each day that my faith is what life is all about!

    We are thrilled to be sharing in your joy! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome! I just found your blog/ you are such an inspiration to me. God bless your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anissa, I found you by Liz Camp =D blog. I am glad I did. I hope you and your beautifull team keep strong and brave. We miss all of you.
    Lara

    ReplyDelete